SUMMARY.AI Superpowers China, Silicon Valley, and the New World Order By Kai-Fu Lee
· What’s in it for me? Find out where China and the US stand as we head into the new AI economy.
· Thanks to a breakthrough in deep learning, we’re on the verge of an AI economy.
· Over the past few years, China has gone from copycat to top contender.
· China’s unique online world makes it a goldmine for the kind of data that AI thrives on.
· China is poised to be the top superpower when it comes to internet AI, but not business AI.
· China is ahead of the game in perception AI, but the US has an early lead in autonomous AI.
· Experts are still debating whether AI will lead to a utopia or dystopia.
· After a serious health scare, the author is hopeful that we can work in harmony with AI.
· Final summary