"Bring Out Your Dead" Recreating the Black Death in the Classroom
by Bruce David Janu
Bring Out Your Dead! Recreating the Black Death in the Classroom.
This is the ultimate collection of activities for your unit on the Middle Ages. New for 2013: ACT-Style reading and assessment and a Common Core "meaning of words" activity.
- Includes many anticipatory sets including the use of images and the song, "Scarborough Faire."
- a "How Much Do You Know About The Black Death?" pre-activity learning assessment
- Eleven pages of detailed lecture notes that address all aspects of the black death including some bio-history, modes of transmission, causes and effects, remedies people used and the bubonic plague in today's world.
- Step by step illustrated instructions on how to use makeup to give a student the black death.
- a modern translation of Boccaccio's The Decameron with a reading worksheet
- an essay assignment
- internet resources
- Plus three color charts/graphs, which can be used to make an overhead transparency or used in presentation software.
(Note: For protection against piracy, your email will appear in the upper left-hand corner of each page.)
More information at: http://www.bellbookcamera.com