About This Pattern
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- worked in the round
- accessible (low vision / screen reader compatible) version included
- 800 yards (732 meters) fingering weight yarn OR 400 yards (366 meters) DK weight yarn
- 4mm needles (or size needed for gauge) suitable for working in the round
One Size24cm x 84cm (laid flat) / 168cm (circumference)
9.5" x 33" (laid flat) / 66" (circumference)
Perforate is designed to loosely wrap around the neck twice. It can easily be adjusted to be smaller, if desired, by casting on fewer stitches. Reduce in multiples of 6 stitches; each reduction will make the cowl approximately 4cm / 1.5" smaller.
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables*
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.