A thoughtful gift, that tells me someone both knows and appreciates me;
The twinkle of lights, inviting, comforting, and special without being too fancy;
Togetherness with loved ones, in spirit if not in person.
Each can be made in a few hours with leftovers from past projects, minis from an advent, or why not swap scraps with a friend for a reminder of yarnie community?
About This Patternwritten instructions
worked in the round
screen reader and print challenged accessible version
- 60 yards / 55 metres (about 15g) fingering weight yarn, per bauble
- 2.5mm needles (or size needed for gauge);
- stitch marker (optional, to note the beginning of the round)
- tapestry needle, to sew in ends
- 8cm diameter filling of your choice
- spare yarn or thread to make a hanging loop, if your filling doesn't have one
- for A Thoughtful Gift: 10mm satin ribbon, 50cm / 20" long
- for The Twinkle of Lights: 128 size 8/0 seed beads and a beading needle
- for Togetherness: cable needle
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables*
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.