The soft curve of a perfect, half-pi shawl. A delicate, dainty duck egg colour. Carefully pre- strung beads. Tiny, intricate stitches, creating a sea of stockinette. A brand new stitch that combines slipping, cables, and beads for a twinkling, quilted effect.
Zenith is the result of attention to detail, familiarity, and the challenge of something new coming together to create something deceptively simple; soft, light, and airy.
Zenith is a challenge in that it asks that you learn a brand new stitch in order to knit it, but is also made up of familiar stockinette stitch, making it an accessible challenge which, once met, will showcase your handiwork as perfectly on a summer's day as a colder winter one.
About This Pattern
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- worked flat
- screen reader and print challenged accessible version
- 700 yards (640m) fingering weight yarn
- 3mm needles (or size needed for gauge)
- a cable needle or locking stitch marker (optional - instructions for working these cables without a cable needle are included, both written and video format)
- 2 stitch markers (optional)
- your preferred blocking equipment
SizingZenith is a half-pi (semi-circular) shawl in one size.
Wingspan: 50" / 127cm
Height: 25" / 63.5cm
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern has:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.