Della in a Dress
Della in a Dress is an amigurumi bunny rabbit that can sit up on her own. She has a ragdoll-style body with floppy arms and legs attached to the body, making her a great cuddle toy for kids, including babies, toddlers, and young children. Della’s outfit has a sweet and classic aesthetic with a frilly overalls dress, Peter Pan collar long-sleeve blouse, stockings, flats, and a cute bow. Della is very quick to work up using super bulky blanket yarn or chenille velvet yarn, and requires minimal sewing as the legs, body, and dress are all crocheted in one piece. She can be easily customized with different yarn colors, embellishments, appliques, and finishing touches. This stuffed animal plush is the perfect birthday, baby shower, and Christmas holiday gift!
Della's pattern page is here on my blog.
The PDF pattern includes full written instructions as well as photo references and video tutorials for some of the stitches/methods used.
Height: 13.5” (34 cm) without ears, 16.5” (42 cm) with ears
- Hobbii Baby Snuggle (super bulky “6”) yarn in desired colors (I used cream, white, pink, grey)
- Pink embroidery thread for sewing details
- 12mm plastic safety eyes (x2)
- 5mm crochet hook
- Yarn needle
★★☆☆☆ Familiar Beginner/Intermediate. Requires familiarity with stitches used (below), attaching yarn, and sewing parts together.
STITCHES & TECHNIQUES USED (US TERMINOLOGY)
- FO = fasten off
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- sc = single crochet
- inc = increase (insert 2 sc in same st)
- dec = decrease (sc 2 sts together)
- hdc = half double crochet
- dc = double crochet
- hdc-inc = insert 2 hdc in same st
- dc-inc = insert 2 dc in same st
- dc-dec = dc 2 stitches together