MONEY BAG - Pattern for a waist/hip/cross body bag
MONEY BAG is a small cross-body bag with a zippered pocket and a card slot pocket in the interior. This pattern includes two styles, and two strap options that allow you to wear the bag one of three ways - with a strap as a cross-body bag, or without a strap as a waist pouch clipped to your belt loops or threaded onto your belt.
- STYLE 1 has an exterior front slip pocket with a closure flap and a magnetic snap.
- STYLE 2 has a front zippered pocket.
- Both styles can be made using main fabric or a contrasting fabric in a variety of ways.
- Optional decorative corner patches can be added to both front styles.
- Both styles have a recessed zipper closure at the top and an adjustable cross-body strap.
- The cross-body strap can be made with your exterior or contrasting fabric or with good-quality grosgrain ribbon or light webbing. Using the lighter strap lets you easily tuck it into your bag when MONEY BAG is attached to your belt loops or belt.
- Strap OPTION A has swivel hooks on the bag back and D-rings on the adjustable strap. With the strap attached, the bag can be worn cross-body or the strap can be removed and the bag can be worn attached to your belt loops via the swivel hooks.
- Strap OPTION B has D-rings on the bag back and swivel hooks on the straps for a typical cross-body bag setup. The D-Ring tabs extend to the bottom of the back of the bag in such a way that they function as belt loops when the strap is removed.
- With two front styles and two strap options plus the optional corner patches, there are eight ways to make MONEY BAG your own. Create the perfect small cross-body or waist/hip bag to hold your money, phone and keys in a secure and convenient way.
- Pattern pieces to print
- Measurement for measure and cut then trim
- Lots of diagrams for both written and visual directions
- Suitable for domestic sewing machines
- Beginner friendly
- Colour it in, design outlines so you can pre-plan your bag ahead of time.
MATERIALS and SUPPLIES:
1/4 yard or 1- fat quarter quilting weight cotton, linen, cork, leather or vinyl
Contrast for straps and front detail
1 - fat eighth or scraps depending upon colour-designing. See design outlines at end of pattern.
1/2 yard or 2 fat quarters of the same fabric. Quilting weight cotton is suitable.
1 yard mid-weight woven interfacing such as Pellon SF101
28“ x 2”piece of firm non woven interfacing such as Pellon 809 for inside zipper pocket facing
4” x 3” piece of Pellon 809 for STYLE 1 CLOSURE FLAP
Small piece of fusible fleece for CLOSURE FLAP
2 - 3/4” swivel hooks
2 - 3/4” D-rings
1 - 3/4 “ slider
1 - 6” #3 zipper or 8” of zipper tape for interior zippered pocket
1 - 10” #3 or #4.5 zipper or zipper tape for top exterior
STYLE 1: 1 - magnetic snap
STYLE 2: 1- 10” #3 non-separating zipper or 10” of #3 zipper tape for exterior zippered pocket. Note: Zipper length is measured between top and bottom stops.
Double-sided tape (DST)