The Flint Hill Scrolls
The Forbidden Book of Banjo Knowledge (107 page PDF eBook + Bonus Banjo Workshop Video)
Written by Bradley Laird
Whether you have been playing 10 days or 10 years, there is something in this book for you. This unique book takes you on a journey of exploration and will decode a lot of the musical mysteries of banjo picking and understanding how to navigate the fingerboard.
Bradley's fun conversational style of teaching will lead you to a better understanding of:
• Easily locating every chord on the banjo (see bonus video info below)
• Leaping long distances without fear
• What divides the great players from the so-so
• How chords are whittled down to solo licks
• How to think, speak and play in musical code
• How one note changes the entire band sound
• Painting using color chords & licks
• Understanding the world of major and minor
• The bluegrass & blues connection
• Locating the "blues" in between major and minor
• Why we play the notes we play
...and a lot more!
If I could sit with a banjo picker for a weekend, and they had a lot of questions, this book is a script for what I would share with them.
The book includes copious chord charts, diagrams, tables and tabbed out examples of scales, chords, backup licks, lead solo licks, and even a few cartoons. The book also contains 6 self-tests (with the answers at the end) to be sure you understand the material.
FREE BONUS Workshop Video - I also include with this download a video of a banjo chord workshop I presented which covers how to play logically 36 major and 36 minor chords on the banjo and a few more subjects which go hand in hand with The Flint Hill Scrolls. Have fun!
107 page printable PDF file format eBook PLUS complete banjo workshop video. (Payhip only allows one preview so I chose to show pages from the ebook here on this page. A demo of the workshop video can be seen on my website.)