About This Pattern
- written instructions
- charted instructions
- worked in the round
- screen reader and print challenged accessible version
- 160 - 180 yards (146 - 165 meters) 4-ply yarn
- 2mm needles (or size needed for gauge) suitable for working in the round
- 3 stitch markers, 1 of which you can tell apart from the others
- your preferred blocking equipment
something that is not superwash and would felt easily. Yarns with a large halo can also be
problematic, as it can blur the distinction between the colours.
SizingHearth comes in two sizes: Small and Med/Large, and is designed to be worn with around 1" / 2.5cm negative ease.
Small: 6" tall by 5.6" diameter (15cm tall by 13.9cm diameter) to fit hands up to 6.5" (16.5cm) at knuckle / wrist.
Medium / Large: 7" tall by 6.7" diameter (18cm tall by 16.8cm diameter) to fit hands up to 8" at knuckle / wrist.
Accessible VersionThe accessible version of this pattern is included with your download. It has been formatted to suit low vision / print challenged knitters and to be compatible with screen readers.
Specifically, the pattern:
- 24 point sans-serif font (Arial) throughout
- Fully saturated black text on white background
- Single column layout
- Left-aligned text
- No italics
- No header or footer – just page numbers (bottom left)
- Consistent use of heading tags for easy navigation
- Internal links to aid navigation
- All instructions written out in text without reliance on diagrams or charts
- All words written out in full (i.e. no abbreviations)
- No bulleted lists
- No tables*
All of my patterns have been tested and tech edited, and include details of how to contact me should you need pattern support.
Please note that patterns are for personal use only. If you would like to use one of my patterns to make items to sell or for teaching a class, please get in touch. Yarn store owners are very welcome to make samples.