This foundation paper piecing pattern PDF for a wall hanging provides a step by step walk through of all the elements needed to create this beautiful seasonal wall hanging. The pattern will not contain instructions on how to foundation paper piece, but a list of tips is provided.
Required skills for this beginner-friendly pattern:
- foundation paper piecing (simple)
- traditional piecing (straight forward)
- precision piecing the many small blocks into one straight top
- twirling the seams
- nesting seams
The Spool Star block can be used for several different layout options to create quilts for all the Seasons. The pattern description focusses on the wreath wall hanging of 36.5" x 36.5".
Various other layout drawings are provided at the end of the document, but these will not come with their fabric requirements or specific cutting instructions. The Snow version will come with its own layout instruction.
This pattern makes great use of all your beloved scraps, as all the pinwheels (stars) can be cut from small pieces of fabric.
The pattern contains:
- the piecing and cutting instructions
- the foundation paper piecing units and templates.
- a coloring page
- a recommendation for color and fabric selection.
- many color photographs of the various steps in the pattern
- several quilting ideas for the ‘ quilt as desired’ part of your project!
This product is a digital PDF and not an actual quilt. The PDF will be ready to download directly after payment.