Swing Revival is a two-color crescent-shaped shawl. Alternating wedges of stockinette and garter stitch swing from side to side, creating two halves with very distinct looks. The shawl is worked top-down and finished with a simple lace border accented with garter stitch.
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for the lace border.
Share your project with the hashtags #swingrevivalshawl
- Wingspan: approx. 215 cm / 7’1”
- Depth: approx. 45 cm / 17½“
Isager Spinni handpainted by Wollsinn (300 m/50 g), 2 colors, 1 skein each. The sample is knitted in colorways Bordeaux
(Color A) and Schiefer
Or single-ply lace-weight yarn in 2 colors
- Color A for stockinette: approx. 300 m / 328 yd
- Color B for garter stitch and lace: approx. 300 m / 328 yd
- 4.0 mm (US #6) long circular needle (80 or 100 cm / 32” or 40”) or size needed to obtain gauge.
18 sts × 33 rows = 10 cm / 4” in stockinette, blocked
The pattern uses the following techniques: knitted cast-on and German short rows. A photo tutorial for German short rows is included at the end of the pattern. Ability to work lace from a chart is recommended but written instructions are also provided for the lace border.