Bumblebee amigurumi pattern
Pay what you want: (minimum €4.00)
DescriptionMake a swarm of bumblebees with this fun and detailed pattern that will show you how to make the body and limbs of a realistic-looking bumblebee.
The pattern comes with detailed instructions, photos and schematics that show you how to assemble the bumblebee, plus a video for the quick and easy color change technique used in this pattern.
SizeThe finished square should measure 30 by 30 cm or 12 by 12 inches.
If the square comes out smaller, you can modify the last section to increase the size, following the instructions provided before the last section.
Skill levelIntermediate – you need to know how to make Tunisian simple stitches (Tss), how to make short row returns (explained in the Stitches section), and how to increase in Tss.
- Yarn: chenille yarn such as Himalaya Dolphin Baby or an alternative (find yarn substitutes here); the yarn weight is 6 or super bulky/super chunky, at 120 meters per 100 grams, but the recommended hook on the label is 4.5 mm;
- C1 – black or very dark brown – about 30 grams or 40 meters;
- C2 – a shade of yellow – about 15 grams or 20 meters;
- C3 – white – about 30 grams or 40 meters;
- Optional – for legs, eyes and antennae – black or dark brown sock yarn – about 20-25 grams or 40-50 meters;
- Hook – 4.5 or 5-mm hook; optional hook for eyes and antennae – 1.75-2 mm;
- Filling – about 20-30 grams of toy stuffing (poly fill or fiber fill);
- Tapestry needle;
- Optional: stitch marker;
- Optional: wire for legs – 6 pieces of floral wire or pipe cleaners – 12 cm long;
- Optional: flat and round nosed pliers;