CROCHET PATTERN Ukrainian Vinok Flower Crown
FORMAT & LANGUAGES:
- PDF, 19 pages and 6.5 MB (mobile devices friendly)
CROCHET LEVEL & SKILLS:
- Chain, slip stitch, single crochet, back/front post single crochet, half double crochet, double crochet, picot, popcorn stitch, working in rows and in the round, increasing, sewing, starching.
The finished (shaped) flowers measure approximately 3” - 3 1⁄2” (7.5 - 9 cm), without flattening. The crown will fit your head circumference. The length of attached ribbons is 26” (66 cm) or you can alter it.
TOOLS & MATERIALS you will need:
- Aunt Lydia’s Crochet Thread/Classic 10 Mercerized 100% Cotton: 350 yds (320 m) per 80 g (2.8 oz). You will need 1 ball of each color: Victory Red, Myrtle Green, Golden Yellow, Fudge Brown, Dark Royal, White, Black
- Steel hook — 1.5 mm (US-8/7)
- Latch hook (optional)
- Small stitch markers (optional)
- Sewing needle with large eye
- Wired twine - 10 ft (3 m) for traditional vinok or you can use a fabric covered headband for a simplified flower crown
- Satin ribbons 5⁄8” - 1” (1.5 - 2.5 cm) wide. You can use ribbons of your choice (double the length of each), or use the following colors: 3 yds (2.7 m) of yellow and red, and 1.5 yds (1.4 m) of brown, light green, dark green, light blue, dark blue, orange, purple, light pink, and crimson
- Fabric glue
- Fray Check
- Quilters Starch Save (premixed starch spray) or use a mix of equal parts of vodka and water in a spray bottle
- Wood clothespins and mug
- Polyester stuffing
GAUGE: 18 dc X 9 rows = 2” x 2” (5 X 5 cm).
This listing is for PDF pattern ONLY, not the finished item. Tools & materials are not included.
2022 © IraRott Inc.