Due Amiche e Un Album di Fotografie (A1) - Short Story in Simple Italian for Beginners and Intermediate Learners [ 🎧 SLOW AUDIO included]
Why Learn with Easy-Readers?
- Our brains are not designed to memorize words in isolation. We need to associate new input, such as a word, grammar pattern, or sentence, with an image.
- Stories provide visuals that help us associate new words and sentences. This makes it easier to recall the new information when we try to use it later.
- Reading stories helps us absorb the basic principles of Italian sentence construction.
- My stories include a free downloadable audio, narrated by a native speaker in slow Italian.
Do you know that there is a German-speaking region in Italy? Do you know that when hiking in the Dolomites, you can refuel at a local "malga"? And do you know what typical food in the Dolomites is like? If you don’t, you can learn everything about it in simple Italian by listening to and reading my short story, "Due Amiche e Un Album di Fotografie."
The setting for this tale is Alto-Adige (Südtirol), one of the twenty Italian regions, a breathtaking mountainous area in northeastern Italy.
This book includes:
- 16 bite-sized chapters with slow audio narrated by a native speaker (access is free online).
- 16 sets of online flashcards.
- a bilingual word list at the end of each chapter.
- insights into relevant vocabulary, grammar, and common mistakes made by English speakers when learning and speaking Italian.
- Interesting facts about Alto Adige, one of Italy's alpine regions.
- Dialogues and experiences you'll commonly encounter while traveling in Italy.
- Review questions for measuring comprehension at the end of each chapter.
Due Amiche e un Album di Fotografie is a short story book designed for beginners, advanced beginners, and lower intermediate learners (A1-A2 CEFR) and optimized for English speakers and for enhancing a fun (non-overwhelming!) learning experience.