SUMMARY.Stories for Work The Essential Guide to Business Storytelling By Gabrielle Dolan
· What’s in it for me? Learn a new and effective approach to storytelling.
· Storytelling is an ancient art, but businesses are just beginning to understand its potential.
· Great stories provoke emotions, and science backs this up.
· You need to master four types of stories for business, and the first two are tragedies and triumphs.
· Tension and transition are vital to your stories toolkit.
· You have many stories, buried like treasure under the ocean of your memory.
· Aristotle’s three-step structure is still the most effective framework for storytelling.
· Powerful stories are succinct, well practiced, embrace vulnerability and use humor sensibly.
· Stories are ideal for many different business scenarios.
· It’s essential to pivot and adapt your stories to suit every scenario.
· Final summary