Sun Glitter - Shawl Pattern PDF
As the wind ripples the water’s surface, a thousand tiny suns play on the waves. This sun glitter can be downright breathtaking. The water dances in the sunlight and puts on a dazzling show.
Let everyone see how dazzling you are with the Sun Glitter shawl. This shawl is the perfect complement to variegated yarns yet also sparkles in a solid colour.
Worked in your choice of stockinette or garter stitch, the asymmetric triangle breaks up any pooling and creates flashes of colour instead. Triangles of solid fabric alternate with eyelet mesh from the tip to the garter stitch border. The solid sections show off the twinkles of colour while the lace lets the sun shine through.
The pattern is easy to memorise too making it perfect for travel or social knitting.
Skills / Techniques Used – Knit, purl, increases, decreases, K2tog, yo lace stitches (a video tutorial on how to work the yo, k2tog stitch is included in the pattern as well as links to other stitches used)
There is also a helpful tip included on how to ‘read’ your stitches so you don’t have to rely on moving markers!
Measurements – The finished blocked item measures 77” (195cm) wingspan and 22” (56cm) depth (these measurements are for the stockinette version and will vary for the garter stitch version)
- 3.5 oz / 100g, 437-464yd / 400-425m 4 ply or fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is:
- Solid colour version – Under the Olive Tree Milia Merino 4ply yarn, 100% Superwash Merino in the Aqua Breeze colourway
- Variageted colour version - Under the Olive Tree Chora sock yarn, 75% merino / 25% nylon, in the Fiesta Beach Colourway
- US size 5 (3.75mm) 32” (80cm) circular needle
- 1 stitch marker
- 1 tapestry needle for weaving in the ends
22 stitches and 33 rows to 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking.
The pattern has been tech edited and test knitted.