Fair and Square Bag
***** This is a PDF pattern, not a finished product*****
Surprisingly spacious, this adorable bag is so versatile. Perfect for projects at home or take it anywhere with you for sewing on the go or even as a handy toy bag to keep the little ones entertained while you're out. Choose some fun printed fabrics, the cute fabric combinations are endless or you might prefer something a bit more grown up!
Skill level: Intermediate +
You should be happy following patterns and experience of making and applying bias binding would be useful, although clear instructions on how to do this are provided.
Finished size (approximately):
10''W x 10''H x 3''D
You will receive, 11 pages of step-by-step instructions with helpful tips and lots of photos. If you don't want to use vinyl in the front pocket, either of the two inside pocket options can be used instead. At the end of the pattern, I've also included patchwork instructions for your exterior panels. This is a measure and cut pattern so you will only need a template for the corners.
You will need:
- Cotton, Essex linen or canvas fabric for the main exterior (½ metre/yard)
- Print or plain cotton fabric for the main lining (½ metre/yard)
- Cotton fabrics for the pockets, handles, main binding and tab loops.
- Cotton wadding or fusible fleece for the main panels.
- Fusible fleece for the gusset base and zip facing.
- Medium-weight interfacing (woven) for the pocket pieces and handles.
- Vinyl for the window in the front pocket.
- Closed ended zips: 18'' (main), 6'' (front pocket), 7'' (inside pocket, Option A)
Equipment and Tools:
Rotary cutter, cutting mat, quilting ruler, scissors, thread, iron, Wonder clips/binding clips, pins, trick marker/disappearing fabric pen, seam ripper (just in case), basting spray, zipper foot, a hand-sewing needle for stitching the binding on, walking foot (optional), temporary fabric glue pen (optional).
You are welcome to make your own Fair and Square Bags to sell on a home-based production level.
Please credit the designer: Rosie Taylor Crafts and give the name “Fair and Square Bag”.