Get 20% off this pattern when you »sign up to my newsletter
The Let It Snow shawl is a delicate and soft knit which uses beads to create an eye-catching glittering snowflake border. Knit from the top down in laceweight yarn, the body of the shawl is worked in simple stockinette stitch with yarnover increases to create the triangle shape.
The beaded snowflakes then begin to form, row by row, as you place the beads on your stitches. (A video tutorial for adding beads with a small crochet hook is included). As well as adding an abundance of sparkle, the snowflakes also provide some weight for a lovely drape.
The finished shawl is the perfect addition to your festive wardrobe and will see you twinkling wherever you go – whether it’s at the office party, celebrating with friends or staying cozy at home!
If you want to try out some different colour combinations for your snowflakes there are some blank charts provided in the pattern too.Skills / Techniques used:
Knit, purl, yarnovers, beadworkSizes:
The finished blocked item measures 56” (142cm) wingspan and 21.5” (55cm) depth at the longest partMaterials Used:
- 50g / 1.75oz, 440yds / 400m laceweight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern is Under the Olive Tree Gerekas Lace Yarn – 80% Extra Fine Merino / 20% Silk in the Ghost colourway
- Size 8 beads:
- 1288 x colour A (these are the silver beads in the pattern picture)
- 1408 x colour B (these are the dark blue beads in the pattern picture)
- 554 colour C (these are the pale blue beads in the pattern picture)
- 1 x 0.5mm crochet hook for adding the beads
- 1 x US size 3 (3.25mm) 32” - 40” (80 - 100cm) circular needle
- 1-11 Stitch markers – depending on whether you want to mark off the repeat sections
25 stitches and 38 rows to 4” / 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking