Some swing dancers enjoy adding a little Syncopation to their steps; they think it makes the dance more fun. Having a little lace near the hem of this basic top makes it more fun to knit and to wear. This tank top can be worn alone, under a cardigan, over a thin blouse, or however you choose.
Top is knit in the round from hem to the armholes, then is worked back and forth. Pattern includes waist shaping. Sweater can be knit in a DK or worsted weight yarn, anything that would ordinarily knit up at 4.5 to 5 stitches per inch.
- Yarn: DK or worsted weight, 455, 500, 565 [680, 730, 805, 855] yards.
- Model: Rowan Rowanspun DK (Rowan Scottish Tweed DK) in Drizzle in second smallest size.
- Gauge: 18 sts and 26.5 rows to 4 inches in stockinette stitch.
- Needles: US 7 (4 mm).
- Finished sizes: 28, 31, 34.25 [40.5, 43.5, 46.75, 49.75] inches.
- To fit bust: 2 to 4 inches smaller than finished sweater.
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.