This great scrap buster project uses the traditional hand-sewing technique of English paper-piecing to make this good-sized pincushion that will ensure your pins are nice and safe (and off the floor) and always to hand when you need them.
The pattern includes:
• Full materials requirements
• Full colour instructions
• Cutting Instructions
• Piecing instructions
Finished size: Approx. 6" x 1"
Skill level: Intermediate hand piecer
You will need:
• One 2¼” x 7” strip in six co-ordinating prints
• One 1¾” x WOF strip in a blender fabric
• Two buttons
• Sewline Glue Pen, which you can purchase here
• Binding clip
• Filling - you could use toy stuffing, or as I did, crushed walnuts shells which add weight and keep your pins nice and sharp, you can purchase a 200g bag on the website here
IMPORTANT: When printing your templates, to ensure you are printing at the correct scale, just check that the box on the page measures 1" square - if it doesn't adjust your printer settings to accommodate - and check that the 'fit to page' option isn't ticked.
Make sure to read the whole pattern all the way through before beginning your project.
Want to add more items to your cart? Add to your cart, then just close this page and select the next item from the website, the cart will remember what is in it :-) Keep doing that til you are ready to checkout.
I have a collection of these pincushions available as kits on the website here