Ten of Diamonds - Shawl PDF Pattern
Get this pattern for free when you purchase a kit from Under the Olive Tree Knits. Click HERE for more details.
The Ten of Diamonds is a large, squishy and bold shawl, addictive to knit and fun to wear! The shawl is worked in once piece, with the garter stitch side sections and the top of the diamond motif’s all worked together. You will then work the bottom centre section, closing off all the diamonds as you decrease. The shawl is then completed with an i-cord bind off to give it a lovely professional finish.
The shawl is worked using 2 colours alternating every 2 rows and the cables are brought to life by a simple slip stitch technique. Video tutorials are available for working the cables without the use of a cable needle.
Skills / Techniques Used – Colourwork, cabling
Sizes - One size fits all
Measurements - The finished blocked item measures 60” (152cm) wingspan and 43” (109cm) depth
• Yarn A – Stripes and i-cord border– 3.5 oz / 100g, 440yd / 400m 4 ply or fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is Under the Olive Tree Yarn 4ply 100% Superwash Merino in the Dark Knight colourway
• Yarn B – Stripes and cabled section – 3.5oz / 100g, 440yd / 400m 4 ply or fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is Under the Olive Tree Yarn 4ply 100% Superwash Merino in the Blue Raspberry colourway
• US size 5 (3.75mm) 31.5” (80cm) circular needle
• 4 stitch markers
• 1 removable stitch marker
• 2 x US size 5 (3.75mm) double pointed needles or straight needles (for working icord bind-off)
The pattern is both written and charted and has been professionally tech edited and test knitted. Links to video tutorials and materials are provided in the pattern.