Get 20% off this pattern when you »sign up to my newsletter
Calling all cat lovers! Be sure to turn heads with this adorable crescent shaped shawl designed in honour of our little furry friends. Knit in 2 sections and joined together at the end, the shawl is made up of a simple garter stitch body which is joined to the lace section.
The border lace section and the cat motif section are worked as one piece from the bottom up with single decreases made at the beginning and end of every RS row.
You will need 2 contrasting colours for the shawl, I would recommend making the cat motif section in a lighter, solid shade. The beads for the cat eyes are placed using a crochet hook and these are placed on WS rows. You can use different colour beads for each pair of eyes or keep them all the same. The stitches for the cat motif are written in purple throughout the pattern to help you keep track.Skills / Techniques Used
: One size fits allMeasurements
The finished blocked item measures 74” (188cm) wingspan and 23” (58.5cm) lengthMaterials
• Yarn A – Top section and lace cat motifs – 2.8 oz / 80g, 320 yd / 292m fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is The Fibre Company Canopy Fingering 3 ply (50% Camelid – Alpaca, 30% Wool – Merino, 20% viscose from Bamboo) in the colour Orchid, 2 skeins
• Yarn B – Bottom lace border and middle stripe – 2.2 oz / 60g, 250 yd / 229m fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is The Fibre Company Canopy Fingering 3 ply (50% Camelid – Alpaca, 30% Wool – Merino, 20% viscose from Bamboo) in the colour Laguna, 1 skein
• 2 x US size 4 (3.5mm) 80cm circular needles
• Cable needle
• 10 pink size 6 beads (for the noses)
• 10 x 2 lots of green, blue and/or yellow size 6 beads – 20 in total (for the eyes)
• 0.5mm crochet hook
• 11 stitch markersGauge
23.5 stitches and 31 rows to 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette stitch