garter stitch, with increases and decreases to shape the shawl into its asymmetrical triangular shape. The
first section consists of thin stripes, followed by a second half of big, bold stripes. Use eye catching colors to capture attention!
- 3 skeins of Shibui Staccato Fog (Main Color)
- 1 skein of Shibui Staccato Raspberry (Contrast Color 1)
- 1 skein of Shibui Staccato Brass (Contrast Color 2)
- Main Color: 550 yards
- CC 1: 160 yards
- CC 2: 170 yards
Skills required for this pattern:
- Basic increases and decreases
- Intarsia over garter stitch
- I-Cord Bind-off
- Written and video tutorials are provided for those wanting to try Intarsia for the first time! The video tutorial is available for viewing on my website. Additionally, instructions on how to do the I-Cord bind-off are included.
Needle: Size 5 (3.75mm), 32” circular needle
Gauge: 5 sts per 1 inch, 12 rows per 1 inch. Gauge is not critical to this project, but different gauges will effect how much yarn you will use.
Other materials (optional): row counter, place marker
This pattern has been test knitted and edited.