The movement of the stitches mimics the motion of a cable, but instead comes from a creative placement of increases, decreases, and yarn over stitches.
The cowl is worked in the round in a single piece—no sewing or seaming is required. Points on both ends can be emphasized during blocking. Finished cowl can be worn with either edge facing up.
- Yarn: light fingering weight; 300 [350 ,500, 625] yards.
- Model: Teresa Ruch Designs Tencel 5/2 in smallest size; 520 yards in 4 ounces; 100% Tencel.
- Gauge: 23 sts and 35 rows to 4 inches (10 cm) in stitch pattern, blocked.
- Needles: US 3 (3.25 mm) circular needles.
- Finished size: inches: 9 x 30.5 [9 x 38.25, 16 x 30.5, 16 x 38.25].
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.