Pay what you want: (minimum €6.50)
DESCRIPTIONBronze Age is an asymmetrical triangle shawl worked in fingering-weight singles. This top-down shawl gradually shifts from stockinette to simple eyelets to increasingly elaborate lace patterns. Dig through the layers of time — what riches will you find?
Bronze Age is worked on the bias for a versatile shawl shape that can be worn both around your shoulders as well as wrapped closely around the neck. The pattern comes in two sizes; the smaller will make a one-skein accessory shawlette whereas the larger sized shawl will keep you cozy in all seasons.
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Both written and charted instructions are given for all lace patterns.
Share your project with the hashtags #bronzeageshawl and #talviknits.
- Shawlette [Shawl]
- Wingspan: approx. 150  cm / 4’11” [6’3”]
- Depth: approx. 45  cm / 17¾ [23½]”
- Kässäkerho Pom Pom Suoma Single (100% wool, 205 m/50 g, 224 yd/1.76 oz), 2  skeins. The sample shawl is knit in size Shawl in the colorway Kupari.
- Or approx. 400  m / 440  yd of fingering-weight yarn
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40”) circular needle (or size needed to obtain gauge) for stockinette
- Darning needle