Wild Sage Mitts
DESCRIPTIONWild Sage Mitts are inspired by the wild sage plant (Salvia verbenaca) the flowers of which range from soft purple to violet and sprawl out on tall stems.
The mitts are worked in the round from cuff up in two easily memorizable lace patterns, given in written and charted format. A cuff with an eyelet rib and a thumb gusset give the mitts a comfortable fit. The same lace pattern used for the hand continues up the thumb. The mitts are finished with a simple garter-stitch border. Left and right mitts are identical and can be worked two-at-a-time using either DPNs or magic loop.
Pattern instructions are given using both metric and US terminology. The pattern includes a fingering-weight and a DK-weight version for the mitts.
Share your project with the hashtags #wildsagemitts and #talviknits.
Add Wild Sage Mitts, Wild Sage Hat, and Wild Sage Socks in your cart and get 15% off your entire order!
- One size, to fit women's small
- Two yarn weights: fingering [DK]
- 50  sts
- Hand circumference: approx. 17.5 cm / 7"
- Total length: approx. 23.5 cm / 9¼"
- Cuff length: approx. 10 cm / 4"
- Tukuwool Fingering (100% wool, 195 m/50 g, 213 yd/1.76 oz), 1 skein in the colorway H28 Ujo
- or approx. 175 m / 195 yd of fingering-weight yarn
- 2.5 mm / US #1½ DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 30 sts × 40 rnds = 10 cm / 4" in Wild Sage Lace
- Lang Yarns Donegal (100% wool, 190 m/50 g, 208 yd/1.76 oz), 1 skein in color #789.0065
- or Tukuwool Sock (80% wool, 20% nylon, 160 m/50 g, 175 yd/1.76 oz), 1 skein in the colorway H29 Syli
- or approx. 140 m / 155 yd of DK-weight yarn
- 3.5 mm / US #4 DPNs or circular needle(s) for working small circumferences in the round (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 22 sts × 32 rnds = 10 cm / 4" in Wild Sage Lace
NOTIONS (BOTH VERSIONS)
- Stitch marker (2 if working two-at-a-time)
- Stitch holder (e.g., a piece of scrap yarn or safety pin)
- Darning needle