Pay what you want: (minimum €7.90)
DESCRIPTIONWintermint Shawl is an asymmetric triangle shawl made of alternating sections of simple lace and even simpler texture.
The leaf-like lace pattern has a rhythmically repeating 8-row repeat that's quick to memorize. Yarnovers and decreases are made only on the right side of the work; all wrong-side rows are relaxing purl-back rows! The lace turns gradually into a textured pattern in which short vertical blips of stockinette stitches stand out from the reverse-stockinette background.
The shawl is framed by built-in i-cord edges and finished with an elastic bind-off, blocked into a scalloped edge. The pattern for Wintermint Shawl comes in two sizes.
Both written and charted instructions are provided for all stitch patterns. The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology.
Wintermint Shawl was originally pubished in TAITO Joulun neulelehti 4 as Talviminttu.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #wintermintshawl and #talviknits.
- Small [Large]
- Wingspan: approx. 140  cm / 55 "
- Depth: approx. 45  cm / 17 "
- Jalovilla Vuona (100% non-superwash single-ply Finnsheep wool, 205 m/50 g, 224 yd/1.76 oz), 2  skeins in the colorway Kaste
- Or fingering-weight yarn, approx. 400  m / 440  yd
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long (80–100 cm / 32–40") circular needles or size to obtain gauge
- Darning needle
- 21 sts × 27 rows = 10 cm / 4" in the lace pattern, blocked