Not So Little Nugget Sweater
The pullover is the Adult version of my original LITTLE NUGGET sweater that I designed when I was pregnant with my first child, and the yarns I used for this adult version were very special to me as they were purchased while on a trip when my husband and I were at a very difficult place on our journey to become parents. I had always envisioned using this yarn for a rainbow sweater for myself and decided this would be the perfect design to go with the child version.
It is a top down construction and utilises some short row shaping at the neck so the back of the neckline sits a little higher than the front making it a more comfortable fit.
If you purchase both this pattern and the LITTLE NUGGET sweater together you will automatically get 25% off the total cost (this will apply to past purchases)
What you will need:Yarn – 300-600gm of Fingering weight yarn (425m/465yrds per 100gm) - Sample shown knit out of a variety of yarns & bases:
- Neighborhood Fibre Co – Studio Sock (100% SW Merino) in Old Town
- Hedgehog Fibres – Sock Yarn (90% SW Merino 10% Nylon) in Rusty Nail
- Hedgehog Fibres – Sock Yarn (90% SW Merino 10% Nylon) in Pollen
- Neighborhood Fibre Co – Studio Sock (100% SW Merino) in Logan Circle
- Hazel Knits – Artisan Sock (90% SW Merino 10% Nylon) in Coveralls
- Hazel Knits – Artisan Sock (90% SW Merino 10% Nylon) in Spooky Hue
Needles – 3.75mm (US5) and 3.25mm (US3) 16 inch (40cm) and 24 inch (60cm) circulars for body and longer cables (32 inch/80cm or longer) for magic loop on the sleeves or DPN’s in both needle sizes.
Gauge – 24 sts and 32 rounds in 4 inches / 10 cm, in stockinette after blocking on larger needles.
- Stitch markers (8),
- Beginning of Round Marker,
- Side Seam marker,
- Scrap yarn (or stitch holders),
- Tapestry Needle,
Please see the last two photos on the left to see the schematic and the size chart for the pattern.