- custom fit with button placement
- works well in a solid color or with the waves made into stripes
- either cloche style or slouchy beret style, based mostly on a change in gauge
- custom make button hole loops for any size buttons
- aran or worsted weight yarn, approx 130-145 yards / 120-135 meters
- size US 6 or 8 needles, for a gauge of 5 or 4.5 stitches per inch, for cloche or beret style; a 16" circular and a set of double points
- 2 buttons
This texture-tastic, swirly, wavy, buttony, sea-inspired hat can be made in either a cloche or beret style, and is custom fit to your head by placing the buttons just so! Make a more subdued solid color version or a vibrant 2-color hat with contrasting waves!
The hat is made in the smaller cloche style or the larger beret style mostly just by adjusting gauge, and either size is custom fit with button placement. Notes are given for making the 2-color version, for finishing (how to block), and for all techniques used. This is a good intermediate level pattern, great for an adventurous knitter ready to work above beginner, since it uses several stitch patterns and techniques beyond the basics, but it’s a pretty quick knit and never gets too complex.
Notes are given for 2-color version, and also for custom sizing, finishing (how to block), and all techniques used.