The (any size) Dishy Bag Pattern
Finished size: you can make this bag to any size (simple formula included inside instructions), or you can follow the instructions to make medium sized Dishy Bag: 28" x 3 1/2" (71cm x 9cm)
Dishy bags are a must for any busy household. Perfect for storing anything from toys to craft supplies. Make them in any size to suit your needs. This bag has a nice wide base so you can rummage/sort/play/work/craft/etc with ease. When you want the mess to go away, simply draw up the bag and hang it up, or store it in a room corner - ahhh all tidy again (in mere seconds)!
Things we love:
- Really easy to make - once you've chosen your size the bag is quick to whip-up. To make life even easier I have included instructions for a med-sized bag.
- Really useful - most anyone will have a use for these bags
- Really clever - the bags work brilliantly as mobile play/craft areas. I use our Dishy bag to lug around my daughter's toys on outings.
- Really flexible - follow the instructions to make Dishy bags to any size you want.
- Really cool - choose fabrics to match your home. The large circular shape lends itself well to showcasing your fave fabrics.
Materials (for the med-size bag) (most can be purchased from www.U-Handbag.com):
- 1.5 yards x 44" wide (1.5m x 112cm) Exterior fabric and matching thread
- 1 yard x 44” wide (1m x 112cm) Lining fabric and matching thread
- 1 yard (1m) Thermolam Interlining (for optional base padding)
- 118" x 3/4" wide (300cm x 2.5cm) (when open) Bias Binding Tape
- 2 x strips 1" x 6" (2.5cm x 15cm) Woven Fusible Interfacing for bag handle reinforcement
- 94 1/2" x 3/16" wide (240cm x 0.5cm) slippery Polyester Cord - it MUST be slippery (the more slippery the cord, the easier it is to draw up the string handles)
- 4 x 10mm (or larger) Metal Eyelets
Printing Ensure that your printer is set to "Actual Size" and NOT shrink to fit when you print the pattern.
VAT VAT applicable to your country will be added to the pattern price.
Feel free to sew and sell! Small-scale business are welcome to handmake and sell our designs in your online shop, craft market, Etsy etc. Please credit U-Handbag as the designer in your descriptions.