WINED UP - A pattern for a horizontal wine tote
Finished Size: 15.5” L x 5.5” H x 4” W (39 cm L x 14 cm H x 10 cm W)
- A stylish, horizontally-oriented wine tote
- A zipper closure and straps that wrap around the base of the tote.
- Can be made from a variety of exterior fabrics: quilting cotton, upholstery fabric, canvas, vinyl or leather.
- If you use canvas and are handy with paint, brush, stamps or stencils then consider customizing your tote with your own motif or theme.
- Lining can be made from quilting cotton or pre-quilted cotton for insulation.
- Fabric or webbing straps
- Alternate handles with rectangular rings and tabs made with contrasting fabric, cork, leather or vinyl.
- Patternpieces to print and cut
- Lots of helpful diagrams
- Enough written detail for the beginning bag maker
- If you are not in this category, it will still appeal as it is easily modified. Let your fabric choices can take it up a notch - cork, leather, vinyl, waxed canvas or hand-painted canvas.
- All construction is suitable for a domestic sewing machine.
MATERIALS AND SUPPLIES:
- Exterior: 1 fat quarter quilting cotton, canvas, linen or upholstery sample at least 18” x 18” (46 cm x 46 cm)
- Lining: 1 fat quarter quilting cotton
- Fabric Straps or Alternate Rectangular Ring Tabs and Handles:
- 1/4 yard (.25 metre) of contrasting fabric
- 30” (.75 m.) 20” (51 cm) wide fusible interfacing
- Webbing Straps: 60 inches (150 cm) of 1” (2.5 cm ) webbing
- 1 yard (.9 meters) 20 “ (51 cm) wide fusible woven interfacing (e.g., Pellon Shape Flex SF101)
- 1 piece - 18” x 18” (46 cm x 46 cm) fusible fleece (e.g., Thermolam Plus)
- 1 piece - 12 “ x 4 “ (30 cm x 10 cm) firm stabilizer (e.g., Peltex, plastic grid, core flute)
- 1 - 14” (35 cm) zipper, #3 or #5 will work equally well. A coil zipper is easier to work with than metal or Vislon since you can sew through it more easily. Zipper tape with a slider is a great choice.
- Marking chalk or erasable pen. Check to ensure marks will erase from your fabric choice.
- 4 - 1 “ rectangular rings, if making optional tabs and handles.
- 4 - Bag feet
- Double-sided tape or fabric glue