You know that gorgeous blue-green that male ducks have? That is what this lovely lace-weight mohair yarn reminded me off. What better way to show it off than with all-over lace? Of course, the Blue Duck shawl can also be knit in fingering-weight yarns; just adjust the needle size a bit!
The Blue Duck shawl is knitted in lace patterning from the top-down in one piece, starting at the neck edge with a garter tab. The instructions are, of course, provided charted and written out.Difficulty level
Knit this triangle-shaped shawl from the top-down, starting with a garter tab cast-on. Stitches used include knit, purl, k2tog, skp, yo, double yo, and a centered double decrease. Therefor, this pattern is suitable for the intermediate to advanced knitter.Sizes and finished measurements
Finished dimensions of the sample shawl: span width of 190 cm (74 ¾ inches) along the upper edge and a depth of 81 cm (32 inches), measured after blocking.
Change the size of the shawl by using heavier or lighter weight yarn and/or working fewer (or more) repeats of the body section. This will, of course, change the amount of yarn needed.Pattern details
- Gauge: approx. 12.9 sts / 21.8 rows = 10 cm (4 inches) over body pattern, measured after blocking.
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 5 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 400 m (438 yds) / 40 g GGH Kid (65% Mohair, 30% Nylon, 5% Wool; 250 m (273 yds) / 25 g) in the color 124 duck blue. Substitute any mohair type yarn with a halo of a similar weight for a similar result.
- Size 5 mm (US 8) / 80 cm (32 inches) circular needles.
- Yarn needle.
- 4 stitch markers to indicate the center stitch and the edge stitches.
- Stitch markers to indicate repeats in the lace patterning (optional).