Tried and True Resources for All-Age Worship – Volume 1
Tried and True Resources for All-Age Worship – Volume 1Author: Rosie Staite.
208pp. Colour throughout
Published by Rosie Staite – NZ.
Print 2013,* eBook 2021.
PDF eBook NZ$20.00
* (The Volume 1 print edition has sold out, but is now available as the PDF listed on this page. Volume 2 is available as a PDF eBook, and as a Print book)
About the bookAll Age Worship is counter-cultural, keeping age-groups together, brothers and sisters in Christ, learning together. All Age Worship builds bridges between generations.
Rosie is passionate about All Age Worship, because:
• Lives have been changed.
• Congregations have doubled.
• Families and children learn, participate and are keen to come back next week.
• All Age Worship builds community. Cross generational friendship enriches lives.
• God has blessed people in surprising ways.
• We are stretched and challenged as we learn from each other.
Every idea in this book has been used in All-age worship services, youth group events, or special community services, and all have received very positive feedback from those involved.
Praise for All Age Worship – Volume 1
“One of our biggest challenges in church today is finding ways to be a community of all ages, learning and growing together. We are often very good at creating separate programmes and events for different age groups, but it can be difficult to be God’s family of people of all ages and spiritual stages. We are beset by questions of who we should cater for in our worship, prayer and teaching time. We wonder how we can set the scene and create a sacred space that whole families can enter, and that each person can relate to.
With these challenges in mind, I was thrilled to read Rosie’s book, Tried and True Tips for All Age Worship with all age worship services. Each one has been successfully run, and honours and disciples people of all ages. Rather than just being a collection of ideas for children, youth and adults, this book provides ideas for worshipping, learning, and enjoying each other and God in all age services. I’m so thankful that Rosie has offered us the experience, wisdom and understanding that she’s gained in running all age services in Anglican Churches here in Aotearoa, New Zealand.” Julie Hintz, StraNdZ Children’s Ministry Enabler, Anglican Children and Families Ministry New Zealand
About the Author
From 2010 to 2013, Rosie was the Anglican Under 40s Ministry Developer for 18 Mid and South Canterbury parishes, working with families, training youth leaders, developing new ways of making the gospel relevant to all ages. This work included a stint as Lay Archdeacon for Mid Canterbury working with churches in transition.
In the Community Rosie has chaired and served on High School Boards of Trustees, Joint Regional Councils for ecumenical parishes, and is presently self-employed. She works as a Community Celebrant; provides Bereavement Support, and mentors many. She has provided Professional Supervision, and enjoys her Writing career.
For nine years she conducted the Rhyth-Mix Singers in Timaru, and has been the Musical Director for TVNZ “Praise Be” three times in South Canterbury.
She is happily married, enjoys a large extended family, and is a proud grandmother; she gardens, bottles the produce, project manages the house renovations, and has intentionally slowed her busyness to be more available in the Community.
Summary of Contents
Chapter Two – Prayers
Chapter Three – Advent and Christmas
Chapter Four – The Easter Season
Chapter Five – Special Sundays
Chapter Six – Gospel Good News
Chapter Seven – Other Symbols
Chapter Eight – All Age Music
Chapter Nine – Go To It!
- Appendix 1 – E Shapes for Prayers of Intercession with Emails
- Appendix 2 – Shapes for the Advent Prayer Tree And Remembrance Service
- Appendix 3 – Handout Sheet for the Five Stepping Stones of Faith
- Appendix 4 – Shapes for use with the Trust, Tears and Transformation
- Appendix 5 – The Three Crosses shapes for use with the Good Friday Service
- Appendix 6 – Words and Pictures for the craft activity: Making a Bible with fewer words and more pictures.
- Appendix 7 – Additional Resources: websites and books.