“ALEXUS” is an itssewsally "Shredded Style" Rag Quilt pattern/tutorial~ in two sizes - 40” X 52"
perfect for a Kids Throw & *Lap Quilt or make the larger 52" x 65"
for an adult throw size for the couch!
LIKE A BIG WARM HUG, EVERYONE WANTS ONE!
Not just a pattern
, I write Tutorials
, that means I will teach you
how to do it! This 8 page, 2 column PDF pattern/tutorial full of useful information about how to cut your fabric and join your pieces with lots of close-up photos, diagrams, & tips to help the beginner and guide the expert. 3 full size applique templates included.
You are purchasing a pattern only in this listing, not a finished item.
And to answer that question, NO, we do not sew strips of fabric in a circle, it's SO much easier than that!!
- FOR FLANNEL FABRICS ONLY, this "Shredded Style" technic will not work with regular cotton fabric (too lightweight) or knits like Minky or fleece,(they are too slipery and won't shread).
- I DO NOT ADD BATTING between the layers like some rag quilters do and do not include yardage or directions for batting. They are warm & cozy with a soft lay. They are not too stiff, hot or heavy, they are just right!
- This itssewsally "Shredded Style" quilt is pieced, quilted, and backed ONE SQUARE AT A TIME then simply joined with the sashing strips into the final adorable quilt!
- No fussy seam allowances, ½ inch throughout! (Leave that “scant” ¼” behind for this quilt)!
- No critical alignment or stitching of the appliques! Close is ok, you’re going to clip and shred them!
- No fussy applique edge stitching!
- Shredding is a huge stress buster!
- A little “wonky” might even help this “shabby chic’ish” quilt, it was created to have a soft and relaxed finished look.