DESCRIPTIONBriochepira Cowl is inspired by the gorgeous Inspira Cowl by graphica… only worked in two-color double brioche instead of corrugated ribbing. Why not?
This ultra squishy cowl is knit in the round using a short circular needle. Choose any weight of two contrasting yet coordinating colors that together make a fun combination. Long color repeats, gradients, or ombre yarns are ideal. The pattern works well with commercial, hand-dyed, or even handspun yarns. Throw in a little mohair for added texture.
The pattern comes in one size, written for three different yarn weights (fingering, sport, and worsted), but it’s infinitely customizable for any yarn, size, and fit!
The pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Instructions for the two-color double brioche are given only in written format.
Share your project on Instagram with the hashtags #briochepiracowl and #talviknits.
- One size + adjustable
- Circumference: approx. 60 cm / 23½" (or adjustable)
- Length: approx. 45 cm / 18" (or adjustable)
YarnTwo colors of fingering [sport, worsted] weight yarn
- Color A: approx. 330 [280, 260] m / 360 [310, 280] yd
- Color B: approx. 220 [180, 160] m / 240 [190, 170] yd
- 3.5 [4.0, 4.5] mm / US #4 [#6, #7] short circular needle (40 cm / 16") or a size that gives you a texture you like
- Stitch marker
- Darning needle
- 22 [20, 18] sts × 44 [40, 36] rnds = 10 cm / 4" in two-color double brioche, blocked