Giverny Garden - Sock Pattern PDF
Get 20% off this pattern when you sign up to my newsletter
These sweet ankle socks were inspired by images of the paths and the rows of flowers at Monet’s house in Giverny. The socks are knitted from the top down, starting with a ribbing that incorporates a twist stitch. This then develops into an open lace pattern that creates columns of flower motifs repeating all the way around the sock.
The 4 row lace pattern is easy to remember making the socks an ideal project when relaxing outdoors, surrounded by blossoming flowers and soaking up the sunshine. The end result is a pair of light, lacy socks, perfect for stepping into Summer!
If you prefer a longer leg of lace you can easily adjust the length to make a longer sock before working the heel.
The Giverny Garden socks are available in 3 adult sizes, and video tutorials are provided for the stitches and techniques used to make the socks. The socks are constructed with a heel flap and gusset to give them a nice, comfortable fit.
The pattern is written for 3 adult sizes and video tutorials are provided for the stitches and techniques used to make the socks.
Kits for the socks are available from [www.undertheolivetreeknits.com]
Skills / Techniques Used – Knit, purl, slip stitch, short rows, increases and decreases
Sizes and Measurements
The sizes given are ‘to fit’ sizes.
- Small Adult - 8” / 20.5cm foot circumference and at least 9” / 23cm length from tip of toe to back of heel
- Medium Adult - 9” / 23cm foot circumference and at least 10” / 25.5cm length from tip of toe to back of heel
- Large Adult - 9.75” / 25cm foot circumference and at least 10.25” / 26cm length from tip of toe to back of heel
When choosing the yarn for your socks, I recommend looking for a yarn with nylon content or a high twist as this adds extra durability and strength.
- 306yd / 280m, 2.45oz / 70g of 4 ply sock yarn. The yarn used in the pattern is the Under the Olive Tree 75% superwash merino / 25% nylon 4ply yarn in the Cherry Blossom colourway (1 skein)
- 1 set of US 1.5 / 2.5mm double-pointed needles (or size needed to obtain gauge)
- 1 Stitch Marker
- 1 Tapestry Needle
Gauge - 32 sts and 44 rnds to 4” / 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking