Get 20% off this pattern when you »sign up to my newsletter<<OrGet this pattern for FREE when you purchase a kit from Under the Olive Tree Knits. Click HERE for more details.
This shawl pattern was inspired by a wooden canopy at the local train station. With pointed edges and cut out vertical lines it got me thinking about a design that would be the perfect accessory for the everyday commute or train trip.
Meet Me at the Station is designed to use 1 skein of 100g / 425m of 4ply sock yarn. The pattern is easy to work, with the first half knit in stockinette before a simple lace section completes the border. The picot edges are created naturally by the lace stitch pattern, although pinning them out whilst blocking at the end is highly recommended as this will really open them out.
This pattern works beautifully in a solid, or semi-solid yarn as it lets the lace pattern take centre stage. However, you could knit the stockinette body section in a variegated yarn and then switch to a solid colour for the lace. Instructions are provided on how to adjust the depth of the stockinette body and the lace section so you can customise the design as you wish.
This design is a quick and easy-to-remember pattern, making it ideal for gifts, or why not knit up a few in different colours!Skills / Techniques Used
– Knit, purl, increases, decreasesSizes
– One sizeMeasurements
– The finished blocked item measures 64” (162 cm) wingspan and 18.5” (47cm) depthMaterials
- 3.5 oz / 100g, 464yd / 425m 4 ply or fingering weight yarn. The yarn used in the pattern pictures is Under the Olive Tree, 75% merino / 25% nylon, in the Pinking Out Loud colour (1 skein)
- US size 5 (3.75mm) 32” (80cm) circular needle
- 1 tapestry needle for weaving in the ends
- Pins for blocking
21 stitches and 31 rows to 4 inches / 10cm in stockinette stitch after blocking
This pattern has been tech edited and test knitted.