10 Lessons in Digital Literacy
This book contains a collection of ten lesson plans, each based around an authentic infographic.
The lessons move through the common stages of classroom discussion to help students access their existing knowledge and develop their spoken fluency, through comprehension tasks to help students develop the ability to understand text and visual data and on to digital research and presentation tasks to help students develop the ability question and check the credibility of information, think more critically about the motivations behind it and to reformulate and integrate what they have discovered into their existing beliefs and opinions.
Each lesson ends with some form of creative output task such as a presentation, article, essay or infographic creation that enables students to share what they have learned.
You can see an example copy of the lesson materials here: https://bit.ly/intro-extro-demo
The materials have been designed to work on desktop, laptop and mobile devices. They also include QR codes so that students can access the infographics on their mobile devices.
The lesson plans are not intended as a course, but as projects and activities that can supplement existing course materials.
The lessons cover a range of topics including:
- Advertising and how it influences us
- Body language and how to understand it
- Introverts and extroverts and how they differ
- Emotional intelligence and how it impacts on our relationships
- Facts about hair
- Happiness and what effects it
- Developing study skills
- The environment and waste caused by clothes manufacturing
- Daily habits of the world's wealthiest people
- The history of marriage and weddings
Each lesson includes:
- A Teachers' guide with advice and answer key
- A Teachers' presentation
- Digital worksheets for students
This book is contained within Thinking Critically through Digital Media