Treble Jig Legwarmers
The Treble Jig Legwarmers are worked in the round, and I have included both written and charted instructions.
Sizes: to fit calf of 9-16"/22.5-37 cm (12-22"/30-55 cm) The model, with 16"/37 cm calves, is wearing the first size.
14”/35 cm long and 8.5”/ 21.25 cm around (14"/35 cm long and 10.5"/26.25 cm around), not stretched
Gauge: in K2, P2 ribbing, unstretched, 30 sts & 24 rnds = 4"/10 cm
17 sts (1 repeat of the stitch pattern) = 2.25”/5.5 cm, blocked
20 rnds (5 repeats of the pattern) = 3”/7.5 cm, blocked
Due to the elastic nature of the patterns used, there’s quite a bit of leeway in fit. Length can be easily adjusted longer or shorter as taste dictates, keeping in mind that longer warmers will require more yarn than the amount given above.
- 325 yds/298 m (350 yds/320 m) of worsted weight yarn. You'll wanted a smooth yarn, wool or wool blend, in not too dark of a solid or semi solid color; this will show the cable pattern to its best. (Sample shown was knit in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Worsted (100% wool; 110yds/101 m = 50 g) in "Calypso Heather")
- size 4.5 mm/US 7 needles, or size needed to obtain gauge, for knitting in the rnd
- a locking st marker (for beginning of the rounds)
- a cable needle
- a tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- (optional) 3 different st markers for marking the pattern repeats
- knitting in the round
- familiarity with knitting cables
Photography by Krista Dani Photography
Update: With all the important discussions about accessibility going on, I’m making it a priority to go back through my patterns and add low vision pdfs to them. I’m using the guidelines set out by the Accessible Patterns group. A new Low Vision pdf has been added to this pattern’s file. This new pdf includes: all black text, sans serif 22pt font, photo(s) captioned, pattern is left justified, and use of bold type and parentheses in place of italics. All directions are fully written out line by line.
Won't you dance with me?