Indian Summer Rye
The Indian Summer Rye cowl is knit seamless and in the round from the top down. The instructions are provided both charted and written out.
The Indian Summer Rye cowl is seamless and knit in the round from the top down. The patterning includes stitches worked through the back loop. Stitches used include knit, purl, kfb, yo, and a centered double decrease.
This pattern is suitable for the intermediate knitter.
Sizes and finished measurements
One size: 66 cm (26 inches) circumference at the top edge, 98 cm (38 ½ inches) at the bottom edge and 37 cm (14 ½ inches) high.
- Gauge: 18.5 sts / 21 rounds = 10 cm (4 inches) over pattern after washing and gentle blocking. Please take the time to check your gauge, or the resulting cowl may have a different size than intended!
- Pattern languages included: English and Dutch (Dit patroon omvat zowel een Nederlandse als een Engelse versie)
- Digital PDF has 3 pages (letter size)
- Yarn: 400 m (437 yds) / 100 g Mille Colori Socks & Lace by Lang Yarns [75% wool, 25% polyamide; 400 m (437 yds) / 100 g] in color 87.0090. Substitute any single-ply type fingering weight yarn with long color runs for a similar result.
- Circular needles in the following sizes (or to match gauge):
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 40 cm (16 inches)
- Size 4 mm (US 6) / 60 cm (24 inches)
- Size 4.5 mm (US 7) / 60 cm (24 inches) (optional, used for bind-off only)
- Yarn needle
- 1 end-of-round stitch marker