Understanding Body Language - Lessons in Digital Literacy
In this lesson, students will find out about body language and its impact on communications. They will have the opportunity to try to use body language and they will carry out online research to find out how well people understand body language.
The materials in this plan can be used in different ways. The first three tasks of the plan can be used independently as a simple reading and discussion class.
The last three research and writing tasks can be used independently as follow up tasks or you could use all three. These tasks are likely to take longer and could be set as homework, independent study tasks or as projects. These tasks will require internet access.
You can see an example copy of the tasks here: https://bit.ly/2RiYR6t
This lesson contains seven tasks:
- A discussion task which encourages students to think about their existing understanding of body language.
- A reading task which develops students abilities to understand visual information.
- An image-based task that encourages students to interpret body language.
- A discussion task which gives students the opportunity to formulate a personal response to the information they have studied.
- An online research task which guides students through the process of researching and corroborating the credibility of online information.
- An online research task which guides students through the process of creating research and disseminating the results.
- A writing tasks that encourages them to formulate a written response and conclusion to what they have learned.
This download contains 2 files:
- The lesson plan
- Photocopiable Students' presentation