Join in the Handmade Christmas revolution and make your own festive bunting! These cute stars are hand pieced using English paper-piecing and then sewn into pairs with a little wadding, attached to a length of ribbon and finished off with a decorative button accent.
The pattern includes:
• Full materials requirements
• Full colour instructions
• Cutting Instructions
• Piecing instructions
• Full scale template.
You will need:
• Six long or fat quarters in festive fabrics
• 85 Jewel paper templates, which you can trace yourself from the template included, or you can purchase a pack of 100 pre-cut papers on the Sewmotion website here
• 2m Grosgrain ribbon
• 14 Decorative buttons
• Sewline Glue Pen, which you can purchase here
• Thread for piecing
• Gentle fabric starch, which you can purchase here
• Wadding scraps (approx. 50cm square)
• Basic sewing kit including pins, a needle, sharp fabric scissors and a binding clip.
Finished size: Approx 2m length
Skill Level: Skilled Beginner
IMPORTANT: When printing your template, to ensure the correct scale, just check that the width measures 1.5" exactly - if it doesn't adjust your printer settings to accommodate - and check that the 'fit to page' option isn't ticked.
Make sure to read the whole pattern all the way through before beginning your project.
Want to add more items to your cart? Add to your cart, then just close this page and select the next item from the website, the cart will remember what is in it :-) Keep doing that til you are ready to checkout.
I have Christmas Star Bunting available as full kits on the website, click here to see the collection