Real Men is a series for building godly character and practical wisdCrom in young men’s lives. Real Men 101: Godly Manhood is a one-credit high school life skills course with a focus on laying a solid foundation in the Christian life, meeting weekly with Dad, and learning practical household/car/lawn skills.
Guys read living books that will challenge them to press in closer to Jesus and grow up in their relationship with God, memorize Scripture, do Word studies, write an essay, create booklets on Christian living for children, learn practical skills for leading their future home, and enjoy hands-on projects.
Created to be completed inside a mentoring relationship with fathers, this course can also be used effectively in a group, or homeschool co-op setting.
You will need to purchase the following books:
- Boyhood and Beyond: Practical Wisdom for Becoming a Man by Bob Schultz
- From Prison to Praise by Merlin Caruthers
- Search for Significance by Robert McGee
- Victory Over Darkness by Neil Anderson
- Improving Your Serve by Charles Swindoll
- Bondage Breaker by Neil Anderson
- Created for Work by Bob Schultz
- Stop Dating the Church: Fall in Love with the Family of God by Josh Harris
Students will complete the following assignments:
- Memorize Titus 1:5-9
- Do a Word Study on Thanks, Thankfulness. Define the “Secret of Contentment”
- Read all Books and Fill Out Book Reviews for Books Read
- Make a Booklet for Young People (age 6-10) on “How to Have a Daily Quiet Time”
- Write a Paragraph: “The Secret of Contentment
- Make a Booklet for Young People (age 6-10) on the “Foundations of the Faith: Prayer, Worship, Bible, Fellowship, and Witnessing”
- Examine your Technology Usage and Make Plans for Needed Changes
- Study Scriptural Qualifications for Elders and Deacons in I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. List the qualifications in chart. Fill in chart, evaluating self. Discuss with parents
- Look at the List of Leadership Qualifications from I Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1:5-9. Examine yourself and discover how you can grow in these traits. Observe the godly men around you and list ways you can learn from them.
- Make a List of Men in the Bible who are Examples of Godly Manhood
- Complete a Personal Bible Study on Jesus as a Servant. Share with Mom & Dad the Passages you Find and Things that God Shows you
- Keep a Food and Exercise Log for One Week
- Workout with Dad
- Role-Play Diffusing Anger
- Fill out “Seven Self-Evaluation Questions for Godly Men”
- Write an Essay: “Hard Work is a Blessing from God to Me”
Students will learn the following practical home/lawn/car skills:
- Put Gas in Car, Check Fluid Levels, Change Spark Plugs
- Hang a Shelf, Organize Room, Clean Room, Clean Bathrooms, Clean house, including Dusting, Vacuuming, & Mopping
- Patch holes in Drywall, Check & Change Batteries (including in smoke alarms), Changing a Broken Light Bulb
- Hang a Picture, Unstop a drain, Unclog a Toilet, Change A/C Filters
- Re-grout Tile, Refinish a Tabletop, Dresser, or Chair, Paint a Room or Piece of Furniture
- Woodworking Project (Bird Feeder, Stool, Coffee Table)
- Mow the Lawn, Seed a Lawn, Mulch a Bed, Weed a Bed, Trim Trees & Bushes
- Cook a Meal, Grill, Plan & Host a BBQ
This course is a one credit high school life skills course.