This shawl is knit side-to-side, from tip to tip, in four main sections: the set-up, the increase, the decrease and then the finishing. The design features a simple diamond motif that is easy to memorize and even easier to knit. You can adjust the size of the shawl for the amount of yarn you have in your stash or to the length you wish (as the increase and decrease sections are just halves of each other). Due to the simplicity of the stitch pattern, you can use that beautiful skein of variegated yarn that’s been hiding in your stash for so long but haven’t had an opportunity to use (until now!).
Knit this shawl for a knit worthy friend that you wish to celebrate, or knit one for yourself (you’re deserving of love and appreciation too!).
- Sample used 690 yds./640 m (2 skeins), but yardage is easily adjustable for 1 skein.
- Chappy Yarn Merino Sock (SW Merino 75%, Nylon 25% ; 100 g ; 460 yds./425 m). 2 skeins in Nouveau 2018 (Lot EE).
- This is a lovely and springy yarn with a lot of bounce and elasticity.
- US 5/3.75 mm size or size needed to obtain gauge.
- A long circular needle is recommended in order to accommodate the large number of stitches as the shawl grows.
- 24 sts x 32 rows per 4 in./10 cm in lace stitch pattern with suggested needle size and after blocking.
- Gauge is not crucial to this project, but varying gauges will affect yardage and final measurements.
This pattern includes both written and charted instructions.
This pattern has been test knit.
You can sell FOs made from this design to friends and family, as well as in your online or offline shop.