The colors in this yarn reminded me of the beginning of autumn—not those stunning years with the sudden cold snap that turned all the leaves into brilliant shades of reds and golds over night, but of the years where summer faded slowly into autumn, when the leaves slowly changed from greens to soft golds and browns, and Dad sighed patiently when I kicked all the leaves out of his nice, neat piles.
Sock pattern written in five sizes, and knit from the cuff down. Rejoice in the fun of lots and lots of tiny two-stitch cables and double yarn overs. Cables continue, without yarn overs, down the heel flap.
- Yarn: Fingering weight sock yarn.
- Model: Crystal Palace Panda Silk in Nutmeg Tones; medium size.
- Gauge: 8 sts to 1 inch in stockinette in the round.
- Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm).
- Finished size: Extra small, small [medium, large, extra large].
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.