Linen Stitch Cowl
- Craft: Knitting
- Suggested yarn: Louisa Harding Yarns Grace Hand Dyed
- Yarn weight: DK / 8 ply (11 wpi) ?
- Gauge: 24 stitches and 44 rows = 10 cm in Linen Stitch in the round
- Needle size: US 6 - 4.0 mm, US 8 - 5.0 mm
- Yardage: 200 - 300 m (219 - 328 yards); 2 skeins of contrasting or complementary colours
- Sizes available: One size but will fit teens and adults
This pattern is available as a free download.
A cosy cowl, knit in two colours of DK weight yarn, using up yarn from stash. Instructions are given for one size but the pattern is easily adaptable to suit your requirements or the amount of yarn you have available.
Linen stitch gives a lovely texture, and two colour linen stitch looks amazing, especially in the silky yarn given in the pattern (sadly now discontinued). Any DK weight yarn can be used and you can knit until you have used up all the yarn available, or until you have a long enough cowl.
For more information, see: http://granaryknits.co.uk/2018/12/15/simple-linen-st...
This pattern has not been tech edited or test knit, except by me. If you find any errors or unclear passages in the pattern, please let me know so that I can correct/clarify. Full pattern support is available by emailing me.
This pattern can be knit in any DK/Sport weight yarn, it is very adaptable to your budget and stash. As always, when substituting yarn, be sure to knit a swatch to check that you are able to get the right gauge for the pattern. Suggested yarn substitutes can be found at https://yarnsub.com/