Raspberries. They taste like summer’s hottest days. So what are they doing on a thick winter cowl? Will they make winter’s bitter cold end sooner? Spring’s flowers bloom sooner? Summer’s fruits ripen in February? Not likely. But cuddling up in this thornless berry patch before you brave winter’s elements might just bring a touch of summer’s warmth to your cold day. Doesn’t that sound nice?
Cowl is worked in the round, starting with a long-tail cast on, and ending with a stretchy sewn bind off.
- Yarn: sport weight 210 [400, 700] yards.
- Model: Bijou Basin Ranch Bijou Bliss in Ruby in largest size; 150 yards in 2 oz (56 grams); 50% yak, 50% American cormo wool.
- Gauge: 19 sts and 25 rows to 4 inches in stitch pattern, blocked.
- Needles: US 8 (5 mm).
- Finished size: 29 x 6.75 [43.5 x 8.75, 53 x 12.5] inches.
- Stitch instructions: Charted and written.