DESCRIPTIONDarkening fall evenings, the rain tapping against the windows… Settle in on the couch with a Netflix marathon and the perfect TV knitting: a simple stockinette and garter stitch shawl.
Valo is made for those moments when you just want to unwind with a relaxing project. Starting from the upper right corner, the shawl is knit on the bias to create an asymmetric triangle. Alternating sections of stockinette and stripes made of garter stitch and eyelets give this shawl a gentle rhythm. Just one more row, just one more section…
This pattern is written with both metric and US terminology. Pattern instructions are provided only in written format.
Share your project with the hashtags #valoshawl and #talviknits.
- Wingspan: approx. 165 cm / 5’5”
- Depth: approx. 55 cm / 21¾”
YarnTukuwool Fingering (100% wool, 195 m/50 g), 2 colors
- Main color (MC): 2 skeins in the colorway Auri
- Contrasting color (CC): 1 skein in the colorway Valo
- MC: approx. 390 m / 425 yd
- CC: approx. 155 m / 170 yd
- 3.5 mm / US #4 long circular needle (80–100 cm / 32–40”) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Darning needle