POCKET ADD-ONS for RETREAT BACKPACK
This pattern contains FOUR additional or alternate pocket patterns designed specifically for the UJAMAA GRANDMAS BAGETTES Retreat Backpack and these pockets are suitable for use on other bags and/or backpacks as well.
- A single-pleated, expandable front pocket with magnetic closure flap - 8-1/2” Wx 7” H (21.6 cm W x 17.8 cm H)
- A double pleated expandable front pocket with two closure options on the flap - 9” W x 7” H ( 23 cm W x 17.8 cm H)
- A front vertical zippered pocket
- Optional Puddle Protector suitable for use with these three front pockets
- A side pocket suitable for go mug or water bottle
- Both drafted pattern pieces and measured pieces.
- All construction is suitable for a domestic sewing machine.
- Directions include how to alter the Retreat Backpack construction to add any of these variations.
MATERIALS and SUPPLIES:
The supplies listed are only for the front and side pockets. Retreat Backpack supplies are listed in the Retreat Backpack pattern.
1/2 yard (70 cm) of 42” (107 cm) wide quilting cotton, linen, or denim.
1/4 yard (30 cm) quilting cotton
1/2 yard (0.5 meters) 20“ (51 cm) wide fusible woven interfacing (e.g., Pellon Shape Flex SF101)
STYLE 1 FRONT POCKET - 2 - 3/4” (19 mm) magnetic snaps
STYLE 2 SIDE RELEASE CLOSURE - 15” (38 cm) of 3/4” (19 mm) webbing and 1 - 3/4” (19mm) side release buckle
STYLE 2 HOOK CLOSURE - 7” (18 cm) of 1”(2.5 cm) webbing, 3” (7.5 cm) of 3/4” (19 mm) webbing, and 1- 3/4 inch (19mm) swivel hook, 2 - 1” (2.5 cm) triangular-rings. Triangular rings are recommended over D-rings for ease of use.
FRONT VERTICAL POCKET - 10 " ((25 cm) of #5 zipper tape with slider
SIDE POCKET - 12“ (30 cm) 1/8” (0.3cm) cord, 1 - 1/2“ (13 mm) cord lock, and 1 - 1/2” (13 mm) cord end. Ensure 2 strands of cord can go through the cord lock and into the cord end.
Marking chalk or erasable pen. Check to ensure marks will erase from your fabric choice.
Pins and/or clips, lighter or wood burning tool.
Optional: Plain white eraser, Exacto or equivalent craft knife, double-sided tape, duct tape, spray starch, pressing ham.