The pattern includes both charts and written instructions and has been tech edited and test knitted. Never done Brioche knitting before? The pattern comes with a full photo tutorial for every stitch used, the cast on and the bind off and you can also check them out here! With one increase and two decreases, this is a great introduction to Brioche knitting!
- 187 m (205 yds) of Mrs Lam Yarns Skinny Solo (100% Merino, 420 yds/100g) in Marigold
- 187 m (205 yds) of TreLiz Zeus (100% Merino, 420 yds/100g) in Star Wars
- 374 m (410 yds) of FruitfulFusions Single Ply (100% Merino, 420 yds/100g) in Fresh Water
- 374 m (410 yds) of Cosmic Strings Skinny Singles (100% Merino, 420 yds/100g) in Indigo
- 3.5mm (US 4) circular needles (or size required to get gauge), 60 cm (24”) or 100cm (40”) or dpns
- Needle at least two sizes bigger for casting on/binding off
- 7 (14) Stitch markers
- Yarn needle for sewing in ends
27 stitches and 30 rows in 10 cm (4”) in brioche pattern.
Gauge is not essential but will also affect the amount of yarn used. Differences in gauge may also change the size of the finished cowl.
Short: 20 cm (8”) deep by 60 cm (23.5”) circumference.
Long: 20 cm (8”) deep by 120 cm (47”) circumference.